- All Posts
- branding & publishing
- Community & Networking
- Forbes Councils News
- Member Introductions
- Member News
- Member Spotlights
written by Allison Rosa
Forbes Human Resources Council Member Companies Win Awards and Recognitions
In this news roundup, celebrate with our members whose companies have recently been recognized with prestigious awards.
As summer draws to a close and we enter the fall season, it’s nice to look back on the achievements of the past year to provide renewed energy for the last quarter of 2017. Forbes Human Resources Council members have a lot to be proud of in the last few months, as their companies have received notable recognition.
Below, we highlight two members and their big news.
Dell Technologies Named Among the LinkedIn Top Global Companies of 2017
Steve Price, Chief Human Resources Officer at Dell Technologies, is proud to share the company’s inclusion in the LinkedIn Top Global Companies 2017 list. This recognition reflects the company’s commitment to providing its team members with a premier workplace where they are challenged, inspired and have the tools and employee resources to connect and thrive.
Price says the company understands the importance of outside validation when it comes to attracting the world’s best talent: “We have seen in our results that by valuing our team members and enabling them to do their best work, our corporate performance improves and we can create greater value for our customers and communities.
“We have several ways in which we listen to our team members as well as systematically conduct internal research to drive a continuum of enhancements and cultivate our company culture,” he says. “It’s a never-ending process for us. I’m proud that our corporate efforts as a single company, with team members collaborating in more than 180 countries globally, are being recognized by industry leaders like LinkedIn, Diversity Inc. and the Great Places to Work organization.”
GL group Wins a Grand Total of Eight Awards in 2016 and 2017
GL group, a top provider of literature and educational materials, swept up eight awards in 2016 and 2017 recognizing its employees and executives. Lisa Whealon is Chief People Officer at GL group. These awards exemplify that the company culture is key to its success.
“At GL group, we’re really proud of our culture and the dedication and commitment of our employees,” said CEO Gary Jaffe. “We think we’ve built something special and our business continues to grow and see success.”
The awards include:
- 2017 Top Workplaces honor by The St. Louis Post-Dispatch. This is the sixth consecutive year that GL group has been recognized for this award for its great work environment. The Top Workplaces lists are based solely on the results of an employee feedback survey. Several aspects of workplace culture were measured, including alignment, execution and connection, just to name a few.
- GL group’s HR Team was awarded a Bronze Stevie Award for HR Department of the Year, recognizing their commitment to providing great benefits to all employees, developing future leaders and employee recognition.
- GL group’s CEO, Gary Jaffe was awarded a Gold Stevie Award for Executive of the Year, recognizing his commitment to employees while achieving growth and success.
- CFO Mark Rygelski was awarded the Publishing & Distribution CFO of the Year, presented by CFO Monthly, for his outstanding leadership at GL group.
- GL group was awarded a Workplace Award from When Work Works for its effective and flexible workplace policies.
- GL group was named a Best Places to Work by the St. Louis Business Journal. Their employees completed a survey to measure communication, management structure, benefits, teamwork and more.
- CEO Gary Jaffe was awarded a Future 50 Awards: The Hardest Working People in Small Business, for his dedication to the business and employees.
- GL group received a Great Place to Work Certificate through Great Place to Work Institute.
GL group is passionate about great workplaces. Good Luck University provides workshops and seminars that give attendees an inside look into GL group’s award-winning culture and how they live that culture every day. For more information on upcoming workshops, visit Good Luck University.
These are just a handful of Forbes Councils members’ recent exciting achievements. Read about what other members are working on here.
Have news of your own to share with the community? Submit your accomplishments to our team by visiting the “get media exposure” page in your member dashboard.